Friday, May 31, 2013

Actual Ramblings

So, right now I'm kind of procrastinating because I'm going to a wedding tomorrow, and I still don't know what I'm going to wear or if I should wear casual clothes until I find a convenient fast food place closer to there to change in to my nice clothes or just find a nice outfit that's actually comfortable to wear on a four and a half hour trip or what.  So, you know, instead of actually standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear, I'm blogging.

So, let's see...I've been reading The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes lately.  It's due on Monday, but I'm going to have to renew it because I've got, like, 570 pages to go, and with the wedding tomorrow and church on Sunday, I doubt I'm going to get that many pages in during that time span.  Unless, I somehow perfect the art of reading and driving at the same time or read Sherlock Holmes during the wedding...and I don't think the bride and groom would like that.  Especially since I actually care about these people.  I mean, the guy is like a little brother to me.  You know, as if I didn't already have two younger brothers, I went to college and picked up more brothers.  I should blog about that sometime.  Because, honestly, having guy friends is really important.  The thing is, I can't give you any tips on how to make it happen, because it just happens.  I don't have any magical formula I follow.  It just kind of happens, and next thing you know, we're eating Oreos and singing songs and everyone's happy.

Yes, my dear readership, that does say Triple Double Oreo.  It is the king of Oreos.  The ultimate of ultimates.  Three cookies and two layers of frosting all merging together into the greatest party your taste buds have known.  Unless, of course, you've had Four Cheese Cheez-Its.

Literally, I went to a church with a guy who the first time he had Four Cheese Cheez-Its was like, "It's like a party in your mouth!"  So, yeah, you know, if you were really wondering what snack foods you should go out and buy next, I recommend Triple Double Oreos and Four Cheese Cheez-Its.

This post is definitely a lesson in not blogging instead of having supper because you don't feel like walking across the apartment and throwing some fish sticks in the oven or whatever it is I'll be doing.  I'm not exactly in a fish fingers and custard mood.
Obligatory Doctor Who reference
I'm more in a I-just-want-to-read-Sherlock-Holmes-why-do-I-have-to-eat-he-never-seems-to-need-to-eat sort of mood.

Honestly, though, I actually cried today from reading Sherlock Holmes.  No, not when he and Moriarty went over the Reichenbach Falls.  The part where he comes back.  I spent half of "The Adventure of the Empty House" in tears, which means I will probably be in tears when Season Three of Sherlock finally airs.
I mean, I haven't even been waiting as long as some people, and I still want to know how Moffat is bringing Sherlock back.  I mean, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did a fantastic job of bringing Sherlock Holmes back, but the way it happened in the TV show, it's just not going to be feasible to do that.  I read through theories upon theories, but none of them seem just right.  I can't wait until we find out what actually happened.

You know, considering the wedding is on the UP, maybe I should just, you know, wear this:
Just Kidding!

Yeah, the story behind that picture is that I needed to wear something to protect my dress while roomie did my hair, and since it was the end of the school year and everything needed to be in boxes, I just grabbed the first button up shirt I could find...which happened to be plaid and flannel and stuff.  I would never actually go out in public like that.  Well, yes, go out in public in the flannel, but not over a nice dress.  I'm not that much of a hick!

"But you're a nerd!"
Well, yes, but hick and nerd aren't too COMPLETEY incompatible ways of life.  I mean, have you ever watched The Red Green Show?

It's Canadian.


Ugh...okay, stomach I shall feed you since you're whining so much.  And, yes, Sherlock Holmes, I will read you.  And, clothes...we'll throw something together in the morning.  Before I leave bright an early at eight thirty in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment