Monday, January 20, 2014

If Superheroes Joined Northland Societies

Ah, remember the old days when Northland had societies you had to join, and, like, some of us got really dedicated and wound up as officers because no one else would run?  Yeah, I miss societies.  In fact, thinking of societies reminds me of that one time my friend Sarah and I placed every superhero we could think of in societies at Northland.

So, in order for this to be realistic (because superheroes at Bible college is so realistic), three things must be kept in mind:
1.  All stereotypes of societies are taken from the years 2008-2011, when I was at Northland.  (Yes, I stereotyped your society.)
2.  Superheroes were not allowed to use their powers during society rush.
3.  I didn't bother to make everything equal.  Just whoever it best in a society, was stuck there.  I did try to make sure every society, or at least one half of the society, was covered.

So, in alphabetic order (and a few supervillains sneaked in):

Aquaman--Dreisbach.  He's virtually useless, kind of like Dreisbach.  (And I just lost the Dreisbachs, but I promise you, you do get some cool ones.)
Batman--Brainerd.  He's really a toss up between Carey and Brainerd, and I like to imagine he basically wound up in Brainerd because Carey is full.
Black Widow--Judson.  She and Hawkeye totally coordinated their society choices.
Captain America--Spurgeon.  Just, yes, Captain America is a total Spurgeon.
Cyclops--Carey.  He's kind of one of those more borderline Carey guys though, where you're not quite sure why they're in Carey, but you can't imagine them anywhere else.
Deadpool--Brainerd.  But really, I can also imagine him paying $50 every semester to switch societies so he doesn't stay allied with one group for too long.  But, really, he'd so join Brainerd to start off with.
Elastigirl--Carmichael.  Joined it because of where Mr. Incredible went.
Flash--Carey.  Because he's red.
Frozone--Carey.  He and Mr. Incredible are best friends, so they would join the same society.
Green Lantern--Champlin.  Basically, because he's green, and I don't know much about him.  Kind of like Champlin.
Hawkeye--Judson.  He and the Black Widow totally coordinated their society choices.
Human Torch--Carey.  Because wasn't y'all's mascot like the Flames or something?  Yeah, he'd totally join.
Incredible Hulk--Champlin.  Once again, the whole green thing.  Also, he totally accidentally Hulked out during Rush, which got him held back until he was calmed down.
Invisible Woman--Slessor.  She and Mr. Fantastic totally chose their societies together.
Iron Man--Carey.  Once again, this is a close call between Carey or Dreisbach, but the suit is red, so he's in Carey.
Jean Grey--Dreisbach.  She was basically placed here out of gratitude for Sarah granting me someone to my society.
Loki--Carey.  He totally broke the "no powers" rule and jumped to the front of the line, being the first to sign up for Carey.
Magneto--Brainerd.  Get it?  Join the Brotherhood.
Mr. Fantasic--Brainerd.  He and Invisible Woman totally chose their societies together.
Mr. Incredible--Carey.  Joined it because of where Elastigirl went.
Mystique--Slessor.  They're totally going to hate me for this.
Professor X--Spurgeon.  Just, yes.  He totally was in this.
Spider-Man--Carey.  But he's totally one of those Carey guys you wonder why they didn't end up in Spurgeon.
Storm--Carmichael.  Quite honestly, she was kind of hard to place, but I think she'd ultimately choose Carmichael.
Superman--Spurgeon.  Once again, no thought was put into this.  He would join Spurgeon.
The Thing--Dreisbach.  I don't know why.  Just, Dreisbach.
Thor--Dreisbach.  This was a tough choice, but I think Thor would spend too much time asking questions about what societies are and wind up at the back of the line, forcing him into Dreisbach.
Wolverine--Judson.  Does this need an explanation?  He lives in the woods and has worked as a lumberjack.  (Also, his placement is Judson is what got Jean Grey placed in Dreisbach.)
Wonder Woman--Slessor.  And...I've probably got a bunch of Slessorites (Slessorans?) mad at me for this one too.

So, there it is.  I don't think this is evenly split at all, and it's definitely not exhaustive.  Some of them I just didn't know at all, so I didn't do them.  Others were left out because I forgot they existed.  If you want my opinions on any other superhero placement in societies, simply use the comments section below to suggest a superhero, and I will respond.  Or, if you want to suggest your own or totally argue with my choices, you can comment that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment