Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I Learned In Four Years Thanks To the Daily Grind


I was poking around on my computer, and I found this.  Apparently, I wrote this about six weeks before graduating college, and I honestly still believe every word I wrote.  Some of these are humorous; some are serious, but all reflect my absolute love for a little coffee shop at a little college in a little town in Wisconsin. :)
  1. No matter how tired you are, do not drink a large latte right before chapel.
  2. If you plan on getting a good night’s sleep, do not drink a latte after 9:00 p.m.
  3. Lemon syrup + café au lait = not a good idea
  4. The same goes for lime
  5. Each Grind worker is amazing in their own special way; talk to them 
  6.  Be where you are. 
  7.  If you wear glasses, remove them before entering the Grind if the temperature is below freezing.
  8. I no longer have a blood stream.  I have a caffeine stream that occasionally is too full of blood.
  9. This place is a thousand times better than Starbucks.
  10. Sometimes a walk to the Grind, even for something non-coffee, is the best way to clear your head when you have a lot of homework.  It’s not so much the drink, but the fresh air between your dorm room and the Grind and also just talking with maybe a person there, that can get you refocused.
  11. Be spontaneous and mix flavors.
  12. Show up at least half an hour before Masque, grab a cup of coffee, and chat with some friends while you wait.
  13. Ask the Grind worker for a recommendation.
  14. Thank the Grind workers.  Don’t take them for granted.
  15. God can provide for even seemingly silly little things like a cup of coffee.
  16. No matter where I travel in life, a college coffee shop in Dunbar, WI, will always hold a special place in my heart.
(Yes, I totally stole this pic from their Facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment