Saturday, August 10, 2013

Random Q&A

So, I don't really know what to blog about.  My brother wants me to keep who Twelve is a secret, so I can't blog about [NAME REMOVED DUE TO SPOILERS].
So, instead, I will turn to my readers.  In the comments section below, you can now ask me a question.  Any APPROPRIATE question about anything.  If I deem it inappropriate, it will not be answered.

"What can the questions be about?"

Like I said--anything.  As long as it's appropriate and doesn't give away who the Twelfth Doctor is, we're good.

So, I don't know how this is going to work but ask away.

2 comments:

  1. Did you have to do the multi-cultural orientation for non-American-natives at NIU, and if so, how did you feel about it?
    Alexandra Stevens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to it twice and skipped it my senior year because I felt serving at my extension church was more important than the meeting after the first two years.

      Overall, as someone who was already very American, I didn't see it as being much of a help. I already speak English, am an American citizen, and shower every day (things the International Student Handbook covers). Both years I went, I had a work meeting I either left in the middle for or had to rush out afterwards for. I know as an older student I was supposed to be there to help the new internationals, but sitting in yet another beginning-of-school meeting...not fun. It's not that I hated the concept of it at all. I think, though, that a better option would have been to just get us all together and ask questions instead of sitting through a lecture that was quite similar to a day in Intro to Cross-Cultural.

      Also, because I had to dash off to work meetings in the middle/right afterwards, I never got the snacks, which is kind of sad.

      So, yeah, overall, not the best experience for me. I liked interacting with other international students while on campus; I just didn't like being forced into it.

      So in other words:
      Getting together with other internationals=good
      Sitting in a meeting=bad

      Delete