Thursday, March 28, 2013

Making Some Changes

So...yeah, I haven't posted in about six weeks.

You know why?

I kind of got bored posting about Japan.

I mean, there's a lot more to my life than that.  I process about a kajillion random thoughts a day because my line of logic is like a dotted line.

It is all related, but sometimes you have to make these little jumps.


For example, I'd just spent the last few days watching The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions, and as I was headed to the library to return them, my thought pattern went something like this:

I don't really cry while watching movies.
Well, except Lord of the Rings:  Return of the King, and Pirates of the Caribbean:  Dead Man's Chest, and Veggie Tales' The Star of Christmas (watch it before you judge me!).
Mr. Nezzer
I never even cried when Old Yeller died.
Most people don't have The Star of Christmas on their stuff-that-makes-me-cry list.
Ebenezer Nezzer
Nebby K. Nezzer and Wally P. Nezzer
Nebby K. Nezzer
"The bunny, the bunny, oh I love the bunny."
Ooh, I just bought a chocolate Easter bunny earlier today.
Wait...how did I get here?

Um...yeah...that's how my brain goes.

Also, I'm not the only person like this.  The people I worked with at school were like this.  You try to have prayer groups, and one minute you're giving prayer requests and the next we're talking about eating possum.  Well, okay, it's not just people at school.  Last night at church, my prayer group was going fine, then we got talking about The Passion of the Christ (which I'm finally going to watch this Friday!), Phineas and Ferb, and my high school's gym among other things.  This is oddly enough normal for prayer groups, and we're fully grown adults--some with kids!  You know the worst part?  I wasn't always the one who initiated these random jumps, which means there's a lot of people out there who think like me.  Fear, future of the world.  When my generation comes into full power, the UN will start off by discussing rising oil prices and sooner or later, it will all devolve into talking about My Little Pony and which languages it needs to be translated into.
Trust me, if I ever turned on my TV and heard world leaders had been discussing this, I don't know if I would laugh or yell "YES!" or cry.  I would make it my Facebook status, though for sure.


Anyway, that being said, I kind of want to blog about more stuff.

Especially nerdy stuff.
Because in addition to being an MK, I'm also kind of a nerd.

Okay, I'm really a nerd.

So, I'm not changing the blog name or anything, and I'll still talk about Japan too, but mostly it's going to be me blogging about stuff.  Basically, anything and everything.

Why?

Because it's my blog, and I can do what I want.

Picture of Loki




 Also, because I'm Batman.



No comments:

Post a Comment